The House of Eights Work Study Program is key to the amazing dance experience at House of Eights. Connect with our community and share your positive energy in return for an Unlimited Membership!
If you consider yourself a team player, have a can-do attitude, and have a passion for dance and community, the Work Study program is for you!
TELL ME MORE
The objectives of the House of Eights Work Study program is to assist dancers in financial need with free dance training, gain valuable work experience, and to help House of Eights staff and faculty provide a welcoming environment for our dance community.
Our program involves the commitment of one set shift per week (or two half-shifts per week) in exchange for an Unlimited Membership, giving you all the perks of being a member, including access to all our daily drop-in classes and pop-ups, member community events, as well as 10% off merch.
What you’ll be helping with:
- Greeting and checking in fellow dancers
- Letting people know all about our classes and services
- Booking Intro Chats for new students
- Assisting with studio admin duties i.e. sales and cash management, helping dancers buy snacks and merchandise, passes, or memberships, restocking washroom and lobby products, etc
- Helping in social content creation, including filming short stories of classes for our Instagram channel, importing and uploading class videos to our online access platform, and assist in editing of select class videos as directed by the Studio Director and Coordinators.
- Helping us make sure the studio space is clean and tidy at all times, i.e. sweeping and disinfecting the floors, cleaning the lobby and all high touch surfaces, cleaning the mirrors, tidying and dusting, etc
- Opening and closing the studio before and after classes
This program requires a 4-month commitment, a well as a 2-week notice for leaving. If you cannot make your assigned weekly shift, you will be required to make up the time duirng your 4-month work study term, as well as find a substitute exchanger for your spot.
GOOD VIBES ONLY
More than anything, we’re looking for people who have a great energy and can help fellow dancers feel at home. We are a strictly judgement-free zone, and want our dancers to feel safe, welcomed, and supported.
WHERE DO I APPLY?
Just fill out the form below! Please take time to evaluate whether you are able to make a weekly commitment to working at our studio.
Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Priority is given to those in financial need that cannot comfortably afford attending classes regularly, as well as former work study participants. We will reach out to select applicants for a follow-up interview before admittance to the program.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]
Work Study Terms are:
January – April (applications open early Dec)
May – August (applications open early April)
September – December (applications open early August )
Applications are now closed for Summer 2021 (May – August). We will be reaching out to applicants with our responses the week of April 12. Thank you to everyone who applied!