The House of Eights Work Study Program is key to the amazing dance experience at House of Eights. Connect with our community and share your positive energy in return for a membership!
If you consider yourself a team player, have a can-do attitude, and have a passion for dance and community, the Work Study program is for you!
TELL ME MORE
The objectives of the House of Eights Work Study program is to assist serious dancers in financial need with free dance training, gain valuable work experience, and to help House of Eights staff and faculty provide a welcoming environment for our dance community.
WORK STUDY OPTIONS:
- One 4-hour weekly shift: 6 free classes a week (24 classes a month)
- Two 4-hour weekly shifts: 12 free classes a week (48 classes a month)
- Both options give you all the perks of being a member, including access to all our daily drop-in classes, member community events, as well as 10% off merch and workshops.
- Unused classes roll over for up-to 1 month.
What you’ll be helping with:
- Greeting and checking in fellow dancers
- Letting people know all about our classes and services
- Assisting with studio admin duties i.e. sales and cash management, helping dancers buy snacks and merchandise, passes, or memberships, restocking washroom and lobby products, etc
- Helping in social content creation, including filming short stories of classes for our Instagram channel, importing and uploading class videos to our online access platform, and assist in editing of select class videos as directed by the Studio Director and Coordinators.
- Helping us make sure the studio space is clean and tidy at all times, i.e. sweeping and disinfecting the floors, cleaning the lobby and all high touch surfaces, cleaning the mirrors, tidying and dusting, etc.
- Assist in various small projects at the studio as needed.
- Opening and closing the studio before and after classes
This program requires a 4-month commitment, a well as a 2-week notice for leaving. If you cannot make your assigned weekly shift(s), you will be required to make up the time during your 4-month work study term, as well as find a substitute from the work study program for your spot.
GOOD VIBES ONLY
More than anything, we’re looking for people who have a great energy and can help fellow dancers feel at home. We are a strictly judgement-free zone, and want our dancers to feel safe, welcomed, and supported.
WHERE DO I APPLY?
Just fill out the form below! Please take time to evaluate whether you are able to make a weekly commitment to working at our studio.
Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Priority is given to serious dancers in financial need that cannot comfortably afford attending classes regularly, as well as former work study participants. We will reach out to select applicants for a follow-up interview before admittance to the program.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]
Work Study Terms are:
January – April (applications open early Dec)
May – August (applications open early April)
September – December (applications open early August )
The application period for the Fall is now closed. Stay tuned for the when applications reopen in December for the Winter.