The House of Eights Work Study Program is key to the amazing dance experience at House of Eights. Connect with our community and share your positive energy in return for an Unlimited Membership!
If you consider yourself a team player, have a can-do attitude, and have a passion for dance and community, the Work Study program is for you!
TELL ME MORE
Our program involves the commitment of one 4-hour set shift per week (or two 2-hour shifts) in exchange for an Unlimited Membership, giving you access to all our daily drop-in classes and pop-ups, as well as 10% off our guest workshops and merch.
What you’ll be helping with:
- Greeting and checking in fellow dancers
- Letting people know all about our classes and services
- Assisting with studio duties (importing and uploading videos to our online access platform, sales and helping dancers buy merchandise, passes, or memberships, restocking washroom and lobby products, etc)
- Helping in social content creation, including filming short stories of classes for our Instagram channel, and editing of select class videos as directed by the Studio Director and Coordinators.
- Helping us make sure the studio space is clean (sweeping and disinfecting the floor, cleaning the lobby and all high touch surfaces, cleaning the mirrors, tidying and dusting)
- Opening and closing the studio before and after classes
This program requires a minimum three-month commitment, a well as a 2-week notice for leaving. If you cannot make your assigned weekly shift, you will be required to make up the time in that same month as well as find a substitute exchanger for your spot.
GOOD VIBES ONLY
More than anything, we’re looking for people who have a great energy and can help fellow dancers feel at home. We are a strictly judgement-free zone, and want our dancer to feel safe, welcomed, and supported.
WHERE DO I APPLY?
Just fill up the form below! Please take time to evaluate whether you are able to make a weekly commitment to working at our studio. Note that available shifts will be listed in the application below.
Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program. We will reach out to select applicants for a follow-up interview before admittance to the program.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]