THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR COMMUNITY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY.
As Governments begin to lift restrictions and businesses reopen, The following policies will be implemented:
Masks are now required at all times starting Saturday, Nov 20, 2020. This includes in studio during class, as well as in our lobby and common areas. We have been diligently researching some options and have tested a few different masks ourselves to determine the most comfortable and breathable masks for dancing that also provide the public health recommended safety levels.
For optimal protection as well as breathability, we recommend a 4-layer nano mask (such as those supplied by Point 1), or combining a Breathing Cup with 3-layer mask (i.e. a 3 layer disposable mask or the House of Eights 3-layer Polyester mask). We have a limited supply of these recommended options for sale at our studio should you need any to help you breathe and dance comfortably during class.
While Nova Scotia Public is permitting the participation of up to 50 people in performing arts, sport and organized physical activities without physical distancing, we want to be proactive in keeping our community safe with the ongoing exposures and rise in cases of COVID-19 in Halifax. Starting Thursday Nov 12, we will be reducing our class capacities down to 14 students to allow for physical distancing. This limited capacity will stay in effect until further notice. We recommend booking ahead to secure your spot as some classes fill up early.
Registration and Payment:
Clients must pre-register for class on our website or the “Mindbody” app.
We are not accepting cash at this time.
Signs have been placed at our studio entrance notifying clients of our COVID-19 policies and that they must not enter if they have travelled in the past two weeks, have been in close contact with someone who is a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19, or they themselves have symptoms of COVID-19.
Staff who have symptoms of the illness must not work and need to self-isolate and contact their care provider. If one staff member is confirmed with a case, all staff will be required to get tested before returning to work.
Upon entry, clients must check-in with our team before entering the studio.
Hand sanitizers are provided throughout our lobby and studio. We ask that you sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the studio. We also recommend sanitizing your hands whenever you take a water break during class, and before and after adjusting your mask to drink water to maintain mask hygiene.
Our building has washrooms on each floor of the stairwell. We ask that you wash your hands before entering our studio to maintain proper hygiene.
We ask that dancers come ready to dance and bring their own water bottles. We have a water fountain for refills but no cups will be provided.
We recommend arriving no more than 5 minutes before the class start time to avoid line ups in our lobby before everyone is allowed entry to the studio.
Private Lesson & Rentals:
Any private lessons or studio rentals with more than 5 attendees will be required to wear a mask. If there is a bubble of under 5 attendees from the same household in a private lesson or rental, masks will be optional (our instructors and staff will always be masked regardless of attendance).
Cancellations, Late Arrivals & No Shows:
Drop-Ins & Class Packages: If you do not show up for a class or do not cancel before the 2-hour cancellation window, the class will be deducted from your class package. This also applies if you do not show up to class within 5 minutes to the start time, at which point your spot will be given to someone on standby from the waitlist.
Unlimited Members and New Intro Offer Clients: If you do not show up for a class or do not cancel before the 2-hour cancellation window, you will be charged a $10 late fee to your card on file. This also applies if you do not show up to class within 5 minutes to the start time, at which point your spot will be given to someone on standby from the waitlist.
If you sign up for a class that is Waitlist Only, please check your email for updates on whether or not you have been added to the class. Outside of the 2 hour window, you will be automatically added into class and an email will be sent out. Within the 2 hour window, you will be sent an email with an option to opt into class or receive a phone call. You must confirm your spot in the class within the window in order to reserve your spot. Please ensure you add our email ([email protected]) into your contacts so emails sent do not end up in your junk mail.
Memberships & Class Passes:
For anyone with a membership, an email was sent on Tuesday, June 9 for important updates regarding your membership. If you have not received this email or have any questions please contact [email protected]
All active class passes have been extended by approximately 6 months. When you log in to your account, you can check your pass’s new expiry date.
Cleaning and Disinfecting:
There will be roughly 15 minute breaks between classes for crossover and disinfecting the studio. We also disinfect our high touch surfaces in the studio and lobby multiple times a day using Oxiver Plus, a hospital-grade cleaning solution proven to kill infectious viruses, like COVID-19.
COVID-19 Exposure Plan:
In the event of an exposure to COVID-19 at our studio, we have prepared the following plan in accordance with the Public Health Guidelines of Nova Scotia. While we strive for an exposure to never occur and for its impact to be minimal should one happen, we believe it is best to prepare for any circumstances.
The following protocol is set in place to ensure the safety of our students and our team:
- ALL members & faculty will receive an email regarding a temporary closure of the studio. The details of the email will include date of the exposure, time frame of exposure, and guidelines for our reopening.
- We will hire a professional cleaning service that will come on-site and deeply disinfect the studio, lobby, change room & common spaces. This company is specialized in COVID-19 exposure and will thoroughly clean our space so that we can meet provincial guidelines to reopen safely.
- Dancers and faculty that were present for the class(es) that were directly in contact with the infected person will be notified individually by phone and email. We track our attendance online via Mindbody so that every person in our studio is accounted for. Please ensure that all of your contact information in our system is up to date and accurate. If we contact you, we will direct you with the proper information for monitoring symptoms and/or consult with 811. In the event of a possible exposure, you may have to be tested or self isolate as a precaution.
- If we have to close the studio for more than 72 hours, all memberships and class passes will be put on hold until we reopen.
- For programs outside of drop-in, we will contact all members individually about make-up classes for your respected program that is affected. (ex. Training Program, Courses, Private Lessons and previously booked renters).
- Moving forward, we would also like to thank all visitors of our studio for following our safety guidelines that we have set in place to protect everyone from potential exposure. Please refer to our COVID-19 safety policies above for more details.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will share updates to these policies with you as time passes, and new information is available.
If you have any questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out by emailing [email protected]
Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this time. We cannot wait to dance with you!
The House of Eights Dance Fam