Looking to perform? Maybe you’re an experienced dancer who misses performing, or you’ve been taking drop-in classes and want to learn what it’s like to be a part of an entire piece? If you want the specialized training, comradery, and social aspect of a performance group, without the long term commitment, our Performance Programs might be for you!
These programs are open to any experienced committed dancer – build your program based on your schedule, dance experience, and styles you’re interested in. This is a great way to work towards an end goal, supplement your drop-in classes, and gain exciting performance experience at our end of term showcase!
For dancers ages 16+
Supportive, non-competitive environment – the focus is on your growth as a person, dancer, and performer.
Pay per program, with monthly payment plans.
Programs are offered in various styles, from Intermediate to Advanced.
Select programs will include foundational training in the style (i.e. hip hop foundations, heels technique, waacking drills, etc), followed by learning a group performance piece.
Exciting performance opportunities.
Consistent training with a dedicated instructor.
Professional Photoshoot where dancers have the opportunity to have professional headshots taken (included in your program fees).
Optional shared Open Studio time for program students to practice outside of the scheduled program sessions.
Program students receive 10% off House of Eights merch during their term.
Each program is 10 weeks long, with one weekly 1 hour practice.
Students will be required to be available for their term-end stage performance, the weekend of Dec 10-12, including a tech rehearsal in the afternoon beforehand. This is in addition to the 10 scheduled practice sessions for each program.
Please note that you are required to attend all sessions of your programs. This includes arriving prepared and on time, out of respect for your instructor and peers. If you do not feel like you can commit to all your program sessions, we offer many drop-in classes that allow you to dance regularly without scheduling commitments.
If you would prefer to attend dance classes without performing on a stage, please check out our daily drop-in schedule here.
In each 10 week program, you will learn a piece of group choreography where you work towards a term end on-stage showcase (following current COVID-19 regulations).
SCHEDULE AND REGISTRATION
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! Registration closes the day prior to the second session of each program (or when a program fills up).
All programs are 10 weeks long, 1 hour per session. Max 15 students per program.
On-stage showcase the weekend of Dec 10-12 (exact date and time TBA).
There will be no practices during the following holiday periods:
- Thursday Sep 30 (National Day for Truth and Reconciliation)
- Friday Oct 8 – Wednesday Oct 13 (Thanksgiving)
- Monday Nov 8 – Sunday Nov 14 (Remembrance Day/Fall Break Week)
For our Intermediate Programs: We recommend being comfortable in our Level 2 Intermediate classes to sign up for these programs. If you’re new to our studio, we recommend having at least 2+ years of dance experience and being comfortable with the foundations of the style.
For our Advanced Programs: We recommend being comfortable in our Level 3 (Inter/Advanced) or 4 (Advanced) classes to sign up for these programs. If you’re new to our studio, we recommend having 4+ years of consistent dance training, with a strong foundation and previous performance experience.
If you are comfortable with all our class levels, you are welcome to sign up for both intermediate and advanced programs should you want more opportunities to perform.
If you’re unsure which level or program is best for you, please send us an email to [email protected] detailing your dance experience and any questions, and we will give you our best recommendation.
PROGRAM FEES AND PACKAGES
Program fees can be paid in 4 monthly installments. Monthly fee is based on how many programs you sign up for, as follows:
Fee includes: program fees, photo shoot for professional headshots, live stage performance. Memories of a lifetime.
*All fees are +HST. Costumes for dances not included.
HOW TO REGISTER
STEP 1: View our program schedule above and plan how many programs you would like to sign up for.
STEP 2: Purchase one of our program packages listed above (select a package from 1 to 6 programs) and follow the prompts. Your first payment will be made upon purchase; the remaining three payments will be charged to your credit card on file on a monthly basis from the initial payment date. If you would prefer to pay via e-transfer, please send us an email to arrange payments.
STEP 3: You may sign up for the programs you would like to take below or on our app. If you have not purchased a program package yet, the system will prompt you to purchase one upon registration. Spots are first come first serve. If a program fills up after you purchased your package, we can refund you for the package and/or switch you to a lower tier package.
- NO refunds will be given after a program begins.
- Your safety is our top priority. All students must adhere to our COVID-19 safety protocols.
- If a program is full and you’re waitlisted, you may be accepted into a program after the first session. After the second session, no further students will be accepted from the waitlist.
- You cannot drop into a program session. Please check our drop-in class schedule if you’d like to attend drop-in classes.
- There are no credits or refunds for missed sessions.
- If House of Eights cancels a session for any reason (weather, instructor illness, etc) a make-up session will be offered at an alternative time.
- If a program is cancelled due to uncontrollable circumstances (i.e. COVID-19, etc), no further charges will be processed. Refunds cannot be given for rehearsals already completed.
- House of Eights may cancel a program before it begins due to low registration. You will be notified the day prior to the program beginning if a program is cancelled, and will receive a refund for that program.
- If you miss a program session, the instructor has the right to not include you in the section of choreography taught on that day.
- If you miss 2 of the first 3 sessions, or miss 3 or more sessions, the instructor and House of Eights reserve the right to remove you from the program without refund.