Performance Training Programs
In addition to drop-in classes, House of Eights offers an adult performance training program specializing in commercial-style dance like Hip Hop, Jazz Funk, and Street Jazz. The program launched in October 2019 under the direction of Abady Alzahrani, Kelsy Gillis, and Cavell Holland.
This is for the student looking for opportunities to perform, for consistent training beyond our drop-in classes to enhance their skills as a dancer and performer, and to join a welcoming dance family. This non-competitive training program consists of three levels: Beginner/Intermediate, Intermediate, and Advanced – dance experience is required. This program values diversity and what you have to offer as a unique individual. Dancers in the program will have the opportunity to learn choreography from rotating instructors in a variety of commercial styles and perform at events throughout Halifax and our showcases.
The program includes:
- Rehearsals once a week on Tuesday (Advanced), Wednesday (Beginner/Inter) or Sunday (Intermediate) evenings
- Commitment period Sep – Dec, and Jan – April
- Optional summer program May-July
- Learn choreography from diverse commercial-style instructors, including House of Eights faculty and guest instructors
- Photoshoots and concept videos
- Performance opportunities in Halifax
- Discounts on drop-in class passes
- Priority registration to our guest masterclasses
Registration is now closed – follow us on Instagram and Facebook when we announce upcoming registrations.
Send your any questions you might have to [email protected] with the subject line “TRAINING PROGRAM”
Advanced Program, weekly starting Tuesday Jan 7
Beginner/Intermediate program, weekly starting Wednesday Jan 8
Intermediate Program, weekly starting Sunday Jan 12
Can’t commit to a program? House of Eights drop-ins and workshops are open to everyone. The full schedule with over 30 drop-in classes a week can be found HERE, with regular updates on our Instagram or Facebook. Make sure you check in on us periodically to make sure you do not miss out on an excellent training opportunity!