The House of Eights training program specializes in commercial-style dance like Hip Hop, Jazz Funk, and Street Jazz. The program is launching in October 2019 under the direction of Abady Alzahrani, Kelsy Gillis, and Cavell Holland.
This is for the student looking for opportunities to perform, for consistent training to enhance their skills as a dancer and performer, and to join a welcoming dance family. This non-competitive training program consists of three levels: Beginner/Intermediate, Intermediate, and Advanced – dance experience is required. This program values diversity and what you have to offer as a unique individual. Dancers in the program will have the opportunity to learn choreography from rotating instructors in a variety of commercial styles and perform at events throughout Halifax and our showcases.
Admission to the program requires a placement audition so that you are challenged and trained appropriately for your dance experience. The next opportunity to audition will be Sunday, October 6, 2019.
The program includes:
- Rehearsals once a week on Tuesday (Advanced), Wednesday (Beginner/Inter) or Sunday (Inter) evenings
- Commitment period October-April
- Optional summer program May-July
- Learn choreography from diverse commercial-style instructors, including House of Eights faculty and guest instructors
- Placement auditions
- Seasonal photo shoots and concept videos
- Performance opportunities in Halifax
- Priority registration to our guest masterclasses before they are open to the public
Placement auditions Sunday October 6, 2019 at 7:30pm-9pm. You will learn a short
Missed the Auditions? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date for our next round of auditions.
For more info, please contact Kelsy at [email protected].
Advanced weekly starting Tuesday Oct 15
Beginner/Intermediate weekly starting Wednesday Oct 16
Intermediate weekly starting Sunday Oct 20
Can’t commit to a program? House of Eights drop-ins and workshops are open to everyone. The full schedule with over 30 drop-in classes a week can be found HERE, with regular updates on our Instagram or Facebook. Make sure you check in on us periodically to make sure you do not miss out on an excellent training opportunity!