Are you a total beginner nervous about picking up choreography in a drop-in dance class? Or maybe you’re an experienced dancer looking to work on a different style of dance? Our Progressive Courses are perfect for first-time dancers with no experience, or experienced dancers looking to learn/hone a new style! These courses are designed to give you confidence, as well as foundational and technical knowledge to help you better pick up and execute choreography in various styles. You’ll be joined by other like-minded individuals – a great way to learn together in a safe and judgement-free environment while making new friends!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Learn foundational dance steps in each style
- Improve coordination and technical skills
- Learn methods to help you pick up and execute choreography for drop-in classes
- Build confidence in yourself, while learning in a fun, supportive, and relaxed environment
- Receive friendly advice and feedback throughout the course
UPCOMING COURSES :
INTRO TO HIP HOP (ABSOLUTE BEGINNER COURSE)
ABSOLUTE BEGINNER: SUNDAYS | AUG 9 – 30 | 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM | WITH CAROLIN
Improve your coordination, build confidence, learn the history, and get a great workout with our Intro to Hip Hop course! This course is designed for those with very little or absolutely no experience in Hip Hop. The class begins with a warm-up, progresses on to skills development, then concludes with choreography skills. This course will keep you moving and grooving to build your confidence in choreography classes.
FOR EXPERIENCED DANCERS: THURSDAYS| AUG 13 – 27 | 8:30 – 10 PM | WITH SIDNEY
Looking to improve and develop your jazz technique? Join us for a new progressive course for experienced dancers in the intermediate and advanced level.
In this 3-week course, you will build on your fundamental skills and learn jazz technique that you can apply to various styles of commercial dance (i.e. heels, jazz funk, fusion, etc). We will focus on stretch & strength, flexibility, conditioning, jumps, turns, and jazz choreography.
Each class will be 1.5 hours long and starts with 45 minutes of conditioning followed by 45 minutes of skill development.
K-POP (PROGRESSIVE CHOREOGRAPHY COURSE)
*CURRENT COURSES HAVE ALREADY BEGUN. STAY TUNED FOR ANNOUNCEMENT ON OUR NEXT ROUND OF K-POP COURSES*
Learn the choreography to BOOMBAYAH by BLACKPINK! Our instructors will break down a minute of the dance step by step so you can learn in detail over the 4 week course. Instructors will provide dance training, constructive feedback, and ongoing support in learning the choreography so you feel confident and have fun, too! In the last session of the course, we will film the group performing the choreography learned in our studio! This is a great opportunity to grow your skills as a dancer, meet new friends, and learn K-Pop choreography with other K-Pop fans!
$70 for the 4-week course. Must register for all 4 sessions.
Please note: Formations will be adjusted to allow for safe physical distancing.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW
- NO refunds will be given after the course begins.
- You cannot join a course after it’s begun or drop into a course session. Please check this page regularly for new and updated course dates.
- There are no credits or refunds for missed classes.
- If House of Eights cancels a class for any reason (weather, instructor illness, etc) a make-up class will be offered.
- House of Eights may cancel a course before it begins due to low registration. You will be notified the day prior to the course beginning if a session is cancelled, and will receive a refund.
CONTINUE YOUR JOURNEY AND JUMP IN TO DROP-IN CLASSES
If you loved our courses, why not keep going? Challenge yourself in our drop-in classes where you can work on different choreography each class! Check out our drop-in schedule here.