Have you been wanting more from your drop-in classes, beyond just a weekly combination? Do you prefer the consistency of a weekly rehearsal? Maybe you’re an experienced dancer who misses performing, or you’ve been taking drop-in classes and want to learn what it’s like to be a part of an entire piece? If you want the specialized training, comradery, and social aspect of a performance group, without the long term commitment, our Performance Programs might be for you!
These programs are open to any serious dancer – build your program based on your schedule, dance experience, and styles you’re interested in. This is a great way to work towards an end goal, supplement your drop-in classes, and gain exciting performance experience at our end of term showcase!
- For students ages 16+
- Supportive, non-competitive environment – the focus is on your growth as a person, dancer, and performer.
- Choose to pay per program, or save by signing up early for 3 or more programs!
- Programs are offered in various styles, from Intermediate to Advanced.
- Select programs will include foundational training in the style (i.e. hip hop foundations, jazz technique, waacking drills, etc), followed by learning a group piece.
- Exciting performance opportunities.
- Professional Photoshoot where dancers have the opportunity to have professional headshots taken (included in your program fees).
- Optional Open Studio time for program students to practice outside of the scheduled program sessions.
- Access to 1-on-1 professional guidance meetings with Program Directors.
- Program students receive 10% off House of Eights merch during their term.
- Each program is 6 weeks long, with one weekly 1.5 hour practice.
- Students will be required to be available for their concept video filming date (Fall) and Stage Performance date (Winter). This is in addition to the 6 scheduled practice sessions for each program.
- The last two weeks prior to the Winter showcase will include mandatory additional cleaning sessions for all program pieces. Dates to be confirmed at the start of the term.
- Please note that you are required to attend all sessions of your programs. This includes arriving prepared and on time, out of respect for your instructor and peers. If you do not feel like you can commit to all your program sessions, we offer many drop-in classes that allow you to dance regularly without scheduling commitments.
In each 6 week program, you will learn a piece of group choreography where you work towards a term end performance:
Get camera-ready: The Fall Term will end with a concept video showcase, premiering both online and on the big screen in a local theatre.
Hit the stage and get ready to perform for a live audience! This term will end with an on-stage showcase – Invite your friends and family for an incredible night of dance!
SCHEDULE AND REGISTRATION
Details TBA – schedule and registration for the Fall Term to open August 2021.
- NO refunds will be given after a program begins.
- Your safety is our top priority. All students must adhere to our COVID-19 safety protocols.
- If a program is full and you’re waitlisted, you may be accepted into a program after the first session. After the second session, no further students will be accepted from the waitlist.
- You cannot join a program after it’s begun or drop into a program session. Please check our drop-in class schedule if you’d like to attend drop-in classes.
- There are no credits or refunds for missed sessions.
- If House of Eights cancels a session for any reason (weather, instructor illness, etc) a make-up session will be offered.
- House of Eights may cancel a program before it begins due to low registration. You will be notified the day prior to the program beginning if a program is cancelled, and will receive a refund.