Courses & Intensives
Are you a total beginner nervous about picking up choreography in a drop-in dance class? Or maybe you’re an experienced dancer looking to work on a different style of dance? Our Courses & Intensives are perfect for new dancers with little-to-no experience, or experienced dancers looking to learn/hone a new style! These courses & intensives are designed to give you confidence, as well as foundational and technical knowledge to help you pick up and execute choreography in various styles. You’ll be joined by other like-minded individuals – a great way to learn together in a safe and judgement-free environment while making new friends!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Learn foundational dance steps in each style
- Improve coordination and technical skills
- Learn methods to help you pick up and execute choreography for drop-in classes
- Build confidence in yourself, while learning in a fun, supportive, and relaxed environment
- Receive friendly advice and feedback throughout the course
UPCOMING COURSES & INTENSIVES :
Intro to Dance
This course is for absolute beginners new to dance, or experienced dancer seeking a stronger foundation. In just 6 lessons, you’ll learn common terminology, practice many universal steps, how to count and feel the music, how to remember and perform choreography, and how to improve your flexibility, and learn the physics of turning. With this new skillset, you’ll be able to take on choreography in any style with more confidence! This course is offered via Group Sessions or Private Lessons. Learn more here.
TO GET STARTED, BOOK A FREE INTRO WITH US SO WE CAN GET TO KNOW YOU, SHOW YOU OUR SPACE, AND FIND THE BEST WAY FOR YOU TO KICKSTART YOUR DANCE JOURNEY WITH US!
- NO refunds will be given after the course begins.
- Your safety is our top priority. All students must adhere to our COVID-19 safety protocols. Read more here.
- Courses can also be offered via Private Lessons. Just book a free intro with us so we can chat about how we can best help you reach your goals.
- You cannot join a course or intensive after it’s begun or drop into a course session. Please check this page regularly for new and updated course dates.
- There are no credits or refunds for missed classes.
- If House of Eights cancels a class for any reason (weather, instructor illness, etc) a make-up class will be offered.
- House of Eights may cancel a course before it begins due to low registration. You will be notified the day prior to the course beginning if a session is cancelled, and will receive a refund.
CONTINUE YOUR JOURNEY AND JUMP IN TO DROP-IN CLASSES
If you loved our courses, why not keep going? Challenge yourself in our drop-in classes where you can work on different choreography each class! Check out our drop-in schedule here.